Chuck Humphrey

Default Find & Replace with "]"

I am trying to add a second period after the following type of entry
in a document: "[1234]." When I use "]." for the find no items are
found, event though there are many such instances in the document.

Suggestions?!
Chuck Humphrey
Graham Mayor

Are you saying that you have a series of numbers in square brackets? In this
case you need a wildcard search for
\[[0-9]{1,}\]
replace with
^&.
(that's ^& followed by a period)

Chuck Humphrey wrote:
I am trying to add a second period after the following type of entry
in a document: "[1234]." When I use "]." for the find no items are
found, event though there are many such instances in the document.

Suggestions?!
Chuck Humphrey

Chuck Humphrey

That did not work. Why can't I search for "]." and replace it with
"].." ?