Connor T

Default Clear Change History?

Hi,

I hear that word tracks changes invisibly.

How can I clear these changes before I submit my document? I tried copying
and pasting into a clean document however that didnt work because of
formatting problems! So i wanted to clear it within the current document!

Rgds,
Dan

Chuck Davis

I hear that word tracks changes invisibly.

How can I clear these changes before I submit my document?

I tried copying
and pasting into a clean document however that didnt work

because of
formatting problems! So i wanted to clear it within the

current document!

Rgds,
Dan

.

Accept the changes. Accept all.
Jay Freedman

Connor T wrote:
Hi,

I hear that word tracks changes invisibly.

How can I clear these changes before I submit my document? I tried
copying and pasting into a clean document however that didnt work
because of formatting problems! So i wanted to clear it within the
current document!

Rgds,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Word does not "track changes invisibly", although it can track changes
visibly if you turn on Track Changes in the Tools menu, and you can choose
to hide them from view and then forget to remove them before submitting the
document. There are other items of personal information that you may or may
not mind sending out, such as how long you worked on the document.

To purge this stuff from a document, use the information in the appropriate
article for your version of Word:

How to Minimize Metadata in Word
WD97:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=223790