Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
waldorfedu

Default deformatting frames/tables

I frquently copy stuff from internet into Word - usually no problems except
when i try to deformat frames/tables. I cannot deformat the content so that
it becomes just text - i go to "just show text" and although this usually
works with any text it doesn't seem to work if content is in frames (tables?)
- thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Instead of a paste operation, do the following: On the Edit menu,
click Paste Special. Choose "Unformatted text" and click OK. This
pastes only the copied text, which assumes the format at the insertion
point.

If you frequently need to paste as unformatted text, you can create a
macro for that purpose:

Sub PasteAsUnformatted()
On Error Resume Next
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText
End Sub

If you need assistance, see http://gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"waldorfedu" wrote in message
I frquently copy stuff from internet into Word - usually no problems
except
when i try to deformat frames/tables. I cannot deformat the content
so that
it becomes just text - i go to "just show text" and although this
usually
works with any text it doesn't seem to work if content is in frames
(tables?)
- thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheila mace

I can't thank you enough Stefan for this introduction to macros. I often
find I need to paste as unformatted text, so I continued through your
instructions, followed the link you provided, and created my first macro!! I
love it! Thank you so much for your help.
--
Sheila M
Lake Mary, FL