Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan

Default How can I make double-sided 3 X 5 cards?

I am trying to make double sided flash cards out of some documents I need to
memorize, and am having a very difficult time doing so. Any help would be
great, thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RGFu?=,

I am trying to make double sided flash cards out of some documents I need to
memorize, and am having a very difficult time doing so.

I'd probably approach it like this:

1. Set up two documents, with the appropriate paper size for the cards*

2. In the one document, enter the information for the face of each flash card.
Note the order in which you do this.

3. In the second document, enter the information for the backs of the cards. But
do it in the reverse order, so that the matching information for the face of
card one is the last entry for the card backs. In this way, you can run the
cards through the printer for one document, then turn the pack over and run it
through for the second document.

The only other way to do this would be to activate "Odd even pages" in File/Page
Setup/Layout. If you don't have a duplex printer, then you'd have to instruct
Word to first print all odd, then all even pages (File/Print, the "Print" list).

*Some printers don't support "strange" paper sizes that aren't preprogrammed
into them (I have one like that). In this case, I use a "normal" paper size and
set the margins so that the printable area is the size of the cards I'm using.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)