Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ian

Default Mailmerge printer problem

i have managed to merge my excel fields to 2 selected mail merge ones in my
word document, but the total amount of records are 115 but it registers after
i complete the merge into a new document as 229. when i print the whole
document, i have to select print odd pages only or else it prints all blank
pages in between the memo heeders.

is there a way to stop the merge from adding the blank page between each
proper record?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Are there any page or section breaks in your mail merge main document, or is
it set up to be printed double sided - anything like that?

Peter Jamieson

"Ian" wrote in message
i have managed to merge my excel fields to 2 selected mail merge ones in my
word document, but the total amount of records are 115 but it registers
after
i complete the merge into a new document as 229. when i print the whole
document, i have to select print odd pages only or else it prints all
blank
pages in between the memo heeders.

is there a way to stop the merge from adding the blank page between each
proper record?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

I meant in Word (e.g. have a look in Word File|Page Setup).

But anyway...
a. which version of Word?
b. what type of merge (from your description, I'd assume "Letter merge")?
b. when you say

the total amount of records are 115 but it registers
after
i complete the merge into a new document as 229

do you basically mean you are seeing 229 pages, or are you seeing a record
count somewhere?

c. can you spell out what you mean by

in between the memo heeders

Peter Jamieson

news

"Ian" wrote in message
i have managed to merge my excel fields to 2 selected mail merge ones in
my
word document, but the total amount of records are 115 but it registers
after
i complete the merge into a new document as 229. when i print the
whole
document, i have to select print odd pages only or else it prints all
blank
pages in between the memo heeders.

is there a way to stop the merge from adding the blank page between
each
proper record?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ian

hi Peter.

i went to file/page setup and it has mirror pages in a drop down. i changed
it to normal and it got rid of the pages in between each letter, so it now
only has 115 records which is what the original excel document had.

thanks for your help and guiding me where to look!

cheers
ian

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

I meant in Word (e.g. have a look in Word File|Page Setup).

But anyway...
a. which version of Word?
b. what type of merge (from your description, I'd assume "Letter merge")?
b. when you say

the total amount of records are 115 but it registers
after
i complete the merge into a new document as 229

do you basically mean you are seeing 229 pages, or are you seeing a record
count somewhere?

c. can you spell out what you mean by

in between the memo heeders

Peter Jamieson