Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DaveG

Default Print envelope from form letter

I have a form letter (word template) that I fill out and mail out to people.
Within the form letter I type the recipients address. When I print the letter
I would also like to print an envelope with the recipients address on it.

Thanks

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

And what prevents you from doing this?

Version of Word?

By "word template" do you mean a protected form? (If so, "template" means
something entirely different in Word-ese, which calls what you are talking
about an "online form.")
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"DaveG" wrote in message
I have a form letter (word template) that I fill out and mail out to
people.
Within the form letter I type the recipients address. When I print the
letter
I would also like to print an envelope with the recipients address on it.

Thanks

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DaveG

Thanks Charles, Yes I am using a protected form. I am using Word 2000. The
option under tools "Envelopes and Labels" is not active when using the
protected document.

"DaveG" wrote in message
I have a form letter (word template) that I fill out and mail out to
people.
Within the form letter I type the recipients address. When I print the
letter
I would also like to print an envelope with the recipients address on it.

Thanks

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

OK. That takes programming. What is below is the code I use for this. Note,
I only have three address lines in my form. These are Name, Street, and CSZ.
If you have more you'll need to make sure your envelope has fields to match.

It calls up a custom envelope template that I use. That template has
macrobutton fields for manual data entry. See
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...tm#MacroButton,
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm and
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm for more
about macrobutton fields.

Sub KenyonBillEnvelope()
'
' KenyonEnvelope Macro
' Macro written 7/5/02 by Charles Kyle Kenyon
' "&chr(10)&"New envelope based on Kenyon Envelope form
' Calls WorkgroupPath Function (below)
' Calls SelectIt subroutine (below)
'
Dim sTemplatesPath As String
Dim sName As String
Dim sAddress As String
Dim sCSZ As String
'
sTemplatesPath = WorkGroupPath & "Letters & Faxes\"
'
' Get address info from bill
'
sName = ActiveDocument.FormFields("Name").Result
sAddress = ActiveDocument.FormFields("Street").Result
sCSZ = ActiveDocument.FormFields("CSZ").Result
'
' Create new envelope document and go to place for inserting address
Documents.Add Template:= _
sTemplatesPath & "Kenyon Legal Envelope.dot", _
NewTemplate:=False
SelectIt (2)
'
'
Selection.Text = sName
SelectIt (2)
Selection.Text = sAddress
SelectIt (2)
Selection.Text = sCSZ
SelectIt (2)
Selection.Text = ""
SelectIt (2)
Selection.Text = ""
SelectIt (1)
Selection.Fields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, _
Type:=wdFieldEmpty, _
Text:="BARCODE \u """ & sCSZ & """", _
PreserveFormatting:=False
End Sub

Function WorkGroupPath() As String
' Written by Charles Kenyon
' February 28, 2003
'
' Used by templates menus to set location of templates.
' Returns workgroup tempates path with "\" at the end.
'
' This is needed because if the folder is a network drive rather
' than a folder, it will have the "\" already. If it is a folder,
' it will not have the backslash. This function gives a string
' with the backslash in either case.
'
WorkGroupPath =
Application.Options.DefaultFilePath(wdWorkgroupTem platesPath)
If Right(WorkGroupPath, 1) "\" Then
WorkGroupPath = WorkGroupPath & "\"
End If
End Function

Private Sub SelectIt(iField As Integer)
' Routine goes to beginning of document and then goes to field
' iField sets number of field to go to
' Used in new document menus where fields are present
' Note - no error handlers so you better have the fields
'
Dim iNumber As Integer
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
For iNumber = 1 To iField
Selection.NextField.Select
End Sub

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm or
http://gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm for information on how to put these
in your templates. You can download some sample envelope templates from
http://gmayor.com/Zips/Envelope.zip.