Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Howitzer

Default more than one record on a page (Mail Merge)

I want to put two records (from a Access file) on one page in Word (using
Mail Merge), how do I do this? Does this make sense?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

It makes sense, but whether or not it's easy to do depends on exactly what
you're trying to do.

If you are just trying to merge two records /per page/ then what you do is
insert a Word Next record field in your mail merge main document at the
point in the page where you want to start getting the data from the second
(and 4th/6th etc.) records from Access. If you're using Word XP/2003 it's
usually easier to enable the Mailmerge toolbar (e.g. using Tools|Customize)
to do this sort of stuff.

If you're trying to do something else, let us know what it is, and
preferably what version of Word you're using and what the data source is.

Peter Jamieson
"Howitzer" wrote in message
I want to put two records (from a Access file) on one page in Word (using
Mail Merge), how do I do this? Does this make sense?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Howitzer

I want to print:

Joe Blow
34 NoWhere Lane

and on the same page print the next record:

Bob Smith
123 Dover Street

To save paper, I want to cut the page in half with a paper cutter. Can this
be done?
My version: Office XP...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Yes, if you insert the fields you need for the address in the top half of
the page, then copy them so that they will print in the bottom half, and put
a Next record field before the bottom half, it should work. You can test
this kind of stuff without using paper by merging to an output document
rather than directly to the printer.

The question is how to get the "bottom half" to print where you want it. One
possibility is to create a table with 1 column and 2 rows on the page and
use the table properties to fix the height of each row (this is essentially
a "Label merge" with two large, custom-size laebls per page).

Peter Jamieson