Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jeannette

Default will not stay merged to a booklet

Today when I merged to bookfold it will merge alright but as soon as I click
print preview it messes up. The margins are way off and it prints very small
in the center of the page. I have merged to Bookfold many times and it's
just today that this is happening. I have run my virus protect it's ok. ask
a friend to merge it and they are having the same problem

Could one of the updates have messed Word up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

It's very unlikely that an update has changed the formatting of a document.
Exactly what do you mean by merge to bookfold? When you open the main
document before executing the merge, what does it look like?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"jeannette" wrote in message
Today when I merged to bookfold it will merge alright but as soon as I
click
print preview it messes up. The margins are way off and it prints very
small
in the center of the page. I have merged to Bookfold many times and
it's
just today that this is happening. I have run my virus protect it's ok.
ask
a friend to merge it and they are having the same problem

Could one of the updates have messed Word up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jeannette

I set my page set up to Bookfold then merge the document to a directory. It
merges fine and appears to look fine on the screen. Then it blinks and the
merge on the screen moves to the left and leaves a big margin on the right.
When I print it, it prints very small in the center of the paper.

I have tried this on 3 computer. I have tried a different database. I use
Word 2003. A friend merged it on their computer and it did the same thing.
They use Word 2002. I did a repair, restore and nothing has helped.

"jeannette" wrote in message
Today when I merged to bookfold it will merge alright but as soon as I
click
print preview it messes up. The margins are way off and it prints very
small
in the center of the page. I have merged to Bookfold many times and
it's
just today that this is happening. I have run my virus protect it's ok.
ask
a friend to merge it and they are having the same problem

Could one of the updates have messed Word up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?amVhbm5ldHRl?=,

set my page set up to Bookfold then merge the document to a directory. It
merges fine and appears to look fine on the screen. Then it blinks and the
merge on the screen moves to the left and leaves a big margin on the right.

"big margin on the right" rings a bell...

You'll get this in Word 2002/2003 if track changes is turned on, and the
document contains changes or comments, and the "Balloons" option is activated.

If you go to Tools/options/Track changes and make sure the setting to use
balloons is set to "Never" does that make any difference?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jeannette

Thank you Cindy, I have never used tracking so I have no idea why it would
give me trouble. But I changed it the way you suggested and I could merge
the directory. I have no idea what happened and if you have any suggestions
I would appreciate hearing them so it doesn't happen again.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?amVhbm5ldHRl?=,

set my page set up to Bookfold then merge the document to a directory. It
merges fine and appears to look fine on the screen. Then it blinks and the
merge on the screen moves to the left and leaves a big margin on the right.

"big margin on the right" rings a bell...

You'll get this in Word 2002/2003 if track changes is turned on, and the
document contains changes or comments, and the "Balloons" option is activated.

If you go to Tools/options/Track changes and make sure the setting to use
balloons is set to "Never" does that make any difference?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You may have inadvertently clicked on the TRK button on the bottom status
bar which will turn on Track Changes. The TRK will appear black rather than
grey if it has been turned on.

--

"jeannette" wrote in message
Thank you Cindy, I have never used tracking so I have no idea why it would
give me trouble. But I changed it the way you suggested and I could
merge
the directory. I have no idea what happened and if you have any
suggestions
I would appreciate hearing them so it doesn't happen again.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?amVhbm5ldHRl?=,

set my page set up to Bookfold then merge the document to a directory.
It
merges fine and appears to look fine on the screen. Then it blinks and
the
merge on the screen moves to the left and leaves a big margin on the
right.

"big margin on the right" rings a bell...

You'll get this in Word 2002/2003 if track changes is turned on, and the
document contains changes or comments, and the "Balloons" option is
activated.

If you go to Tools/options/Track changes and make sure the setting to use
balloons is set to "Never" does that make any difference?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Jeanette,

I have no idea what happened and if you have any suggestions
I would appreciate hearing them so it doesn't happen again.

Besides what Doug mentioned, pressing Ctrl+Shift+E will also
turn on Track Changes.

Cindy Meister