Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Linda

Default Mail merge print settings

I have created a "3" page mail merge. Iwish to print page one of each
invididual letter on letterhead and pages 2 and 3 on plain paper. I set the
merge document to do so but the printer continues to the very first page of
the merge on letterhead and then takes all of the remaining page "1" from the
second tray wich contains theplain paper. It will not go to tray 1 for each
page 1 to put on letterhead. I have tried changing print set up and page set
up options and also change actual printer settings on the printerHP laser Jet
4250. Nothing works. Does anyone know how to print a letter with 3 pages
merged using letterhead and plain paper?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

I think the only way to do this is to use VBA to perform a separate merge
for each document (or you may be able to merge to a new document and then
split it up).

You can try the following VBA:

Sub PrintOneDocPerSourceRec()
Dim intSourceRecord
Dim objMerge As Word.MailMerge
Dim strOutputDocumentName As String
Dim TerminateMerge As Boolean

' Need to set up this object as the ActiveDocument changes when the
' merge is performed. Besides, it's clearer.

Set objMerge = ActiveDocument.MailMerge
With objMerge

' If no data source has been defined, do it here using OpenDataSource.
' But if it is already defined in the document, you should not need
' to define it here.

' .OpenDataSource _
' Name:="whatever"

intSourceRecord = 1
TerminateMerge = False

Do Until TerminateMerge
.DataSource.ActiveRecord = intSourceRecord

' if we have gone past the end (and possibly, if there are no records)
' then the Activerecord will not be what we have just tried to set it to

If .DataSource.ActiveRecord intSourceRecord Then
TerminateMerge = True
' the record exists
Else

.DataSource.FirstRecord = intSourceRecord
.DataSource.LastRecord = intSourceRecord
.Destination = wdSendToPrinter 'please check the constant name
.Execute

intSourceRecord = intSourceRecord + 1
End If
Loop
End With
End Sub

If you haven't used Word VBA Macros before, see

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

Peter Jamieson