Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OmaScott OmaScott is offline

Default Auto fill Form Fields from previous Variable fields?

I want a variable customer name to propagate throughout a document after
entering it the first time. Is there a way to accomplish this without
performing individual mail merges for each NEW customer?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:11:02 -0700, OmaScott
wrote:

I want a variable customer name to propagate throughout a document after
entering it the first time. Is there a way to accomplish this without
performing individual mail merges for each NEW customer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OmaScott OmaScott is offline

Thanks JAY! However:

While I can now Populate the fields, I am having problems having the
formatting retained once populated (Font size etc).

wrote:

I want a variable customer name to propagate throughout a document after
entering it the first time. Is there a way to accomplish this without
performing individual mail merges for each NEW customer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Look in the help for the topic "Format (\*) field switch" to read about the
\*Mergeformat and \*Charformat switches. Depending on what kind of
formatting you're trying to achieve, one of them should be included in each
Ref field.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman