Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lois E Power Lois E Power is offline

Default addition

I am doing a table. I cannot get the numbers in a column to add and subtrct
correctly. I had 4 numbers then 3 minus numbers displayed in parentheses,
then one number not a minus. It would not calculate. only the last number
was shown as the total. Any advice?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AmandaH AmandaH is offline

Lois E Power wrote:
I am doing a table. I cannot get the numbers in a column to add and subtrct
correctly. I had 4 numbers then 3 minus numbers displayed in parentheses,
then one number not a minus. It would not calculate. only the last number
was shown as the total. Any advice?

If you go to the cell that you want the sum to show up, click Insert -
Field

1) =(Formula)
2) Formula

Should give you what you need