Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eileen Eileen is offline

Default How can I add orange to the choices in highlight

I need to add the colour orange to the choice of colours in the highlight
button and don't know how to do it. (if it is possible anyway. Our I.C.T.
manager doesn't know either)
Can anyone help???
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I add orange to the choices in highlight

Yes, it is possible to add the color orange to the highlight color choices in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open Microsoft Word and click on the "Home" tab.
  2. Click on the arrow next to the "Text Highlight Color" button in the "Font" section.
  3. At the bottom of the drop-down menu, click on "More Colors."
  4. In the "Colors" window that appears, click on the "Custom" tab.
  5. Use the sliders or enter the RGB values for the shade of orange you want to add to the highlight color choices.
  6. Click "Add to Custom Colors" to save the color.
  7. Click "OK" to close the "Colors" window.
  8. The new orange color will now appear in the "Text Highlight Color" drop-down menu.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is not possible, but you could use shading (create a character style
shaded in the colour you want and apply it to the text).

Eileen wrote:
I need to add the colour orange to the choice of colours in the
highlight button and don't know how to do it. (if it is possible
anyway. Our I.C.T. manager doesn't know either)
Can anyone help???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Eileen

The available highlight colours can't be changed. You can, however, add
shading to text, and you have a choice of several tens of thousands of
colours. Select the text you want to highlight, then do Format Borders and
Shading. Click on the Shading tab, and you can have almost any colour you
can imagine.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Eileen" wrote in message
I need to add the colour orange to the choice of colours in the highlight
button and don't know how to do it. (if it is possible anyway. Our I.C.T.
manager doesn't know either)
Can anyone help???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You can't add anything to the highlight button itself. But MVP Greg Maxey
has programmed a replacement for the highlighter, which you can download at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Highlighter.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman