wordless

Default Pre-printed letter

Hello,
I am having trouble microsoft word. I have a preprinted letter that I would
like to use (letterhead with material printed on top, bottom, and left hand
side). The letter was created so that I can add some simple demographic
information to each unique letter, and then print it out. Is it possible to
scan this letter and use word to write the necessary information, and then
print it out on my letterhead?
Unfortunately, I do not have access to the computer file for this letter.
Please help.
Charles Kenyon

I wouldn't scan it if I were going to print on letterhead. Just measure your
spaces to allow for them. Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some
other document where you want one header on the first page and a different
header on other pages. http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm
This gives step-by-step instructions. (It also has the following links) Pay
attention to the textbox tutorial listed below for spacing for your
letterhead.

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
environment (or even if you are not).

You might want to set this up as what Word calls an "online form." Check
this in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

Hope this helps,