Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Officeoceans Officeoceans is offline

Default Strip coding from populated fields

Hello! I'm working on an automated document utilizing a template,
DocProperty fields and autotext to populate various portions of the document.
After the document is initially created, it is then passed on to others to
edit. Does anyone know a way to strip the coding from these populated
portions so that the resulting text from these auto entries, etc. behave as
normal keyboarded text? Other operators are not happy with the way AutoText
entries behave if they need to edit them (I included the ending paragraph
mark). Merging with a secondary document freaked them out so I went with
writing the variable fields as custom DocProperty fields (I love it).
However, if they ever hit the toggle code and saw the fields rather than the
result, well, it would just be a bad day. Thanks in advance for any
suggestions!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

On Mar 8, 7:12 am, Officeoceans
wrote:
Hello! I'm working on an automated document utilizing a template,
DocProperty fields and autotext to populate various portions of the document.
After the document is initially created, it is then passed on to others to
edit. Does anyone know a way to strip the coding from these populated
portions so that the resulting text from these auto entries, etc. behave as
normal keyboarded text? Other operators are not happy with the way AutoText
entries behave if they need to edit them (I included the ending paragraph
mark). Merging with a secondary document freaked them out so I went with
writing the variable fields as custom DocProperty fields (I love it).
However, if they ever hit the toggle code and saw the fields rather than the
result, well, it would just be a bad day. Thanks in advance for any
suggestions!

CTRL+a (select all) CTRL+Shift+F9 convert to text

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Officeoceans Officeoceans is offline

Dank u Merci Grazie Obrigado THANK YOU