Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KCNC KCNC is offline

Default Preserving Bold formating in Excel into the Word Merge

Our datasource is an excel worksheet. We want the fomatting, including bold
to come over into the Word document upon merging. We have not been able to
find a way to preserve the bold from Excel into Word. Any ideas out there?
We are in a hurry for this one...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In essence, that kind of formatting does not come across using MailMerge.

As long as your worksheet does not have more than 63 columns, you can try
a. selecting it, edit|copy
b. edit|Paste special into a Word document in a format that preserves the
formatting
c. use that as the data source
c. when you insert { MERGEFIELD } fields into your Mail Merge Main
Document, where you want the formatting, change e.g.

{ MERGEFIELD mycolumn }
{ REF mycolumn }
or
{ mycolumn }

This is unsupported, relies on very old Word behaviour, and is probably not
a good long-term choice, even if it works for you.

Peter Jamieson

"KCNC" wrote in message
Our datasource is an excel worksheet. We want the fomatting, including
bold
to come over into the Word document upon merging. We have not been able
find a way to preserve the bold from Excel into Word. Any ideas out
there?
We are in a hurry for this one...

HOW DO I MAIL MERGE AN EXCEL CELL WITH CURRENCY FORMATING . SLIMSHIM Mailmerge 2 May 4th 07 07:38 PM
Preserving Excel Page Layouts when Linking to word MG Microsoft Word Help 1 March 15th 07 05:18 PM
Bold formating Garry Mailmerge 1 February 1st 06 04:52 PM
merge fields from excel are formating with too many decimal positi Roger Smith Mailmerge 3 January 27th 06 06:49 AM
Word-Excel Links - Preserving Formatting The Dow Microsoft Word Help 1 April 19th 05 05:44 PM