Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debbiedo Debbiedo is offline

Default Tables and Frames don't like each other. Argh

I need to use both frames and tables in my Word (2003) document form.
It will be a protected document.

My frames are really giving me a headache. They do not line up well on
my document, especially when tables are immediately above and or below
them. And forget having two frames side by side. It is a logistical
nightmare. (I do need both as I am using frames to mimic radio
buttons, of which there are several sets.) The tables are needed to
enter additional data entry that require expandsion on occasion. The
frames need to look like they are part of the table, even though they
are not (because of VB programming constraints in tables)

Is there a secret to getting frames and tables to co-exist in
formatting harmony in Word?

Thank for any advice.

Debbie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Debbiedo,

I need to use both frames and tables in my Word (2003) document form.
It will be a protected document.

My frames are really giving me a headache. They do not line up well on
my document, especially when tables are immediately above and or below
them. And forget having two frames side by side. It is a logistical
nightmare. (I do need both as I am using frames to mimic radio
buttons, of which there are several sets.) The tables are needed to
enter additional data entry that require expandsion on occasion. The
frames need to look like they are part of the table, even though they
are not (because of VB programming constraints in tables)

Is there a secret to getting frames and tables to co-exist in
formatting harmony in Word?

Why use frames? Why use not table cells to set the limiting range for
the "options"? If you've picked up the macro code somewhere, paste it
into your reply and we can show you how to modify it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org