Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Roger H Roger H is offline

Default How to set single spacing to 0 for all paragraphs in a style set?

How do you customize style sets in Word 2007? For example, I saved FORMAL as
a new style set name "NEWFORMAL", but how do I set ALL paragraphs to
automatically have Spacing After=0 in this style set? I don't want to always
have to set every paragraph. I wish Word listed all the possible styles in
the style set (e.g. "Paragraph" or "Lists") and allowed us to change
individual attributes (e.g. Spacing After=0).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Most styles have Normal as their based on (or parent) style. Have you tried
modifying the Normal style before saving as a style set?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Roger H" wrote in message
How do you customize style sets in Word 2007? For example, I saved FORMAL
as
a new style set name "NEWFORMAL", but how do I set ALL paragraphs to
automatically have Spacing After=0 in this style set? I don't want to
always
have to set every paragraph. I wish Word listed all the possible styles in
the style set (e.g. "Paragraph" or "Lists") and allowed us to change
individual attributes (e.g. Spacing After=0).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Roger H Roger H is offline

Default How to set single spacing to 0 for all paragraphs in a style s

Stefan, I followed the procedure in Word 2007 help topic HA10030756:

- Load the normal.dotm file
- Select Page Layout
- Change Spacing After to 0pt
- Save
- Create new Word doc
- Select style set Word 2007 or Formal
- Type a word, hit Enter

Result: 10pt spacing still exists

So instead I edited C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12\1033\QuickStyles\Formal.docx, typed a word, changed the
Spacing After to 0, and saved it. When I created a new document using this
style set the Spacing After was 0.

To make the spacing different for paragraphs and for lists, do I need to
create a paragraph and a list in the Formal.docx file and alter them
separately?

Thanks

Roger

"Roger H" wrote in message
How do you customize style sets in Word 2007? For example, I saved FORMAL
as
a new style set name "NEWFORMAL", but how do I set ALL paragraphs to
automatically have Spacing After=0 in this style set? I don't want to
always
have to set every paragraph. I wish Word listed all the possible styles in
the style set (e.g. "Paragraph" or "Lists") and allowed us to change
individual attributes (e.g. Spacing After=0).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In my initial suggestion, I meant that you should *recreate* the style set,
replacing the old one. But, actually, it will be easier to edit the existing
*.dotx file, as you have been doing.

Instead of applying direct formatting, however, I would recommend actually
modifying the styles involved: Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to display the Styles
pane. Right-click each of the style names in the task pane, and click Modify
from the context menu.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP