Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Outline numbering in multidocument books

Hi,

I have set up outline numbering in a multidocument book bu following the
procedure of MVP Shauna Kelly at the link ...

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

The problem is with the sub-documents ....

The approprite number comes up when I assign the relevant 'heading' style to
the paragraph. However, when I save the document and close it and then open
it, all the numbers dissapear EXCEPT for level 1 (which is associated with
Heading 1), which keeps its number. I can get the numbers back by simply
going to style box (top left hand corner) and clicking (to highlight) the
style (which is correct) and the hitting return, but clearly this is not
practical!

This problem does not appear to occur for the main document.

Can someone offer advice please on how to sort this problem.

Thankyou.

Please use my e-mail for replying - thanks.