Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sunday88310 Sunday88310 is offline

Default Applying Style / Compiling a table of contents

Word 2003 Thanks in advance for help
Inserting Page brake
At the break dialog box I click next page
With the insertion point positioned below the section break
I click insert / page numbers
After the page numbers I go to insert my table of contents
This is where the problem comes in
The page break is showing on the created blank page above my outline.
It seems it has something to do with how the Outline is created.
EXAMPLE
TABLE OF CONTENTS
I place my curser just befor the T and make a page break- Next Page
Center: Alignment
insert page numbering
but each time I go to the created blank page above the page break is on the
page and won't allow me to create the table of contents.
Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sunday88310 Sunday88310 is offline

I got it to work-- the problem is I don't know why it worked.
The page break didn't show up on the blank page this time, I wanted to
compile the table of contents on the new page created above the outline, when
I inserted the page break. It worked but I am not sure why?
If you have any thoughts, please let me know. Thanks

"Sunday88310" wrote:

Word 2003 Thanks in advance for help
Inserting Page brake
At the break dialog box I click next page
With the insertion point positioned below the section break
I click insert / page numbers
After the page numbers I go to insert my table of contents
This is where the problem comes in
The page break is showing on the created blank page above my outline.
It seems it has something to do with how the Outline is created.
EXAMPLE
TABLE OF CONTENTS
I place my curser just befor the T and make a page break- Next Page
Center: Alignment
insert page numbering
but each time I go to the created blank page above the page break is on the
page and won't allow me to create the table of contents.
Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm not sure what the problem is. A section break is always located on
some page in Word. It will move as text is deleted or added around it,
like an ordinary character. You may want to press the ¶ button on
the Standard toolbar to display nonprinting marks; this will show
section breaks, paragraph marks (¶), tab characters, etc., which will
make it easier to see what is going on. For more on nonprinting marks,
see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

To learn more about sections, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

For more information about creating page numbering in Word, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm.

--
Stefan Blom