Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
don don is offline

Default Letter "P" magic

Last week I installed and updated Word 2002 and since then the letter "P"
keeps spontaneously appearing (now and then) in my word documents for no
particular reason that I can comprehend. Perhaps it likes me. I don't know.
I like it too, but I'd like it to appear only when I want it. The last time
it appeared it was on the first line, at the far left, all by itself.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I suppose it's because something is
turned on that should be turned off. But what?
--
Thanks, Don
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Don" wrote:

Last week I installed and updated Word 2002 and since then the letter "P"
keeps spontaneously appearing (now and then) in my word documents for no
particular reason that I can comprehend. Perhaps it likes me. I don't know.
I like it too, but I'd like it to appear only when I want it. The last time
it appeared it was on the first line, at the far left, all by itself.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I suppose it's because something is
turned on that should be turned off. But what?

Do you mean "P" or "¶"?
If the latter, it is ony a non-printing character that signals the end of a
paragraph (a paragraph marker, just like "¤" is a cell or row marker in
table).
If that is the case, just click on the "¶" button n the toolbar (The "Show
All" button)to toggle the display on non-prinintg characters.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Possibly an Autocorrect or AutoText entry has been inadvertantly created,
check these listings and delete if found.
Best of luck.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

"Don" wrote:

Last week I installed and updated Word 2002 and since then the letter "P"
keeps spontaneously appearing (now and then) in my word documents for no
particular reason that I can comprehend. Perhaps it likes me. I don't know.
I like it too, but I'd like it to appear only when I want it. The last time
it appeared it was on the first line, at the far left, all by itself.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I suppose it's because something is
turned on that should be turned off. But what?

Do you mean "P" or "¶"?
If the latter, it is ony a non-printing character that signals the end of a
paragraph (a paragraph marker, just like "¤" is a cell or row marker in
table).
If that is the case, just click on the "¶" button n the toolbar (The "Show
All" button)to toggle the display on non-prinintg characters.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
don don is offline

I've followed your suggestion. I suspect that was the problem. Time will
tell. Thanks DeanH
--
Thanks,