Burbles

Default How does spelling/grammar check work in languages other than US E.

How does spelling/grammar check work in languages other than US English?

I am working in Australian English. When I uncheck the box "DO NOT CHECK
SPELLING OR GRAMMAR" it reverts backed to checked, even when I have also
checked "CHECK SPELLING AND GRAMMAR AS YOU TYPE" under TOOLS/OPTIONS.

I am working in Windows XP Professional.
Shauna Kelly

Hi Burbles

To get Australian English working properly, you need to ensure that the
Windows, Office and Word languages are *all* set to English (Australian).

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm.

For what it's worth, my "test" words are Parramatta and Maribyrnong. If Word
does not show those as spelling mistakes, you know you've got it working
properly.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word