JNoecker

Default how do I supress new document task pane?

When clicking "file" "new" first the "new document" task pane comes up on the
right asking if I want templates from the web, my computer, and other
options. I'd like not to have this come up, but rather go straight to the
window that lists my templates on my computer. I use templates a lot and
this extra step is a pane, ah pain.
Jay Freedman

JNoecker wrote:
When clicking "file" "new" first the "new document" task pane comes
up on the right asking if I want templates from the web, my computer,
and other options. I'd like not to have this come up, but rather go
straight to the window that lists my templates on my computer. I use
templates a lot and this extra step is a pane, ah pain.

The old command that opens the dialog with the list of templates is still
available, but you have to place it on your menu and/or toolbar yourself.

Open the Tools Customize dialog. In the Categories list, click All
Commands. In the Commands list, find FileNewDialog. Drag it to the File menu
and/or the toolbar.

By default the menu item or button shows the text "Other...". Right-click it
and change its Name entry to &New (the ampersand causes the N to be the
accelerator key). You can also right-click the existing New button and click
Copy Button Image, then right-click the new button and click Paste Button
Image to use the same icon.

If you don't want the existing command that opens the task pane, drag it off
the menu or toolbar.

Finally, close the Customize dialog. When you next exit Word, allow it to
save Normal.dot.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman