Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terri[_2_] Terri[_2_] is offline

Default Copy & Paste problem.....

I have a saved document that I reuse daily. I want to have it always be in
bold, uppercase letters with a specific font and size. When I receive data
in an email (name and address in the body) I want to copy and paste it into
my document and have it automatically appear in the bold, upperase etc.
Since I always receive it in another font and lowerase, how do I do this?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You create a style with the correct attributes. Then after the copy/paste
apply the style. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to the style to make it
quick to apply.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Terri" wrote in message
I have a saved document that I reuse daily. I want to have it always be in
bold, uppercase letters with a specific font and size. When I receive data
in an email (name and address in the body) I want to copy and paste it
into my document and have it automatically appear in the bold, upperase
etc. Since I always receive it in another font and lowerase, how do I do
this?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Go to this site http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/ and read the tutorial under
Basics titled, 'Using styles to format text'.

Terry

"Terri" wrote in message
I have a saved document that I reuse daily. I want to have it always be
in bold, uppercase letters with a specific font and size. When I receive
data in an email (name and address in the body) I want to copy and paste
it into my document and have it automatically appear in the bold,
upperase etc. Since I always receive it in another font and lowerase,
how do I do this?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can also look at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html, which tells how to
modify an existing style, but you can use (almost) the same steps to create
a new style. The easiest way is to format a paragraph the way you want it,
then, in the Styles and Formatting task pane, click New Style. The style
definition will already include the formatting you've applied, so all you
have to do is choose a name for the style.

http://word.mvps.org

"Terri" wrote in message
I have a saved document that I reuse daily. I want to have it always be
in bold, uppercase letters with a specific font and size. When I
receive data in an email (name and address in the body) I want to copy
and paste it into my document and have it automatically appear in the
bold, upperase etc. Since I always receive it in another font and
lowerase, how do I do this?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terri[_2_] Terri[_2_] is offline

OK - tried this however I cannot get the letters to stay in CAPS. Everything
else seems to be ok - but when I go to an email and copy and paste, the
letters do not change to caps but remain the same as they were on the
email....

Still need a bit more help!

Thanks.

"Terri" wrote in message
I have a saved document that I reuse daily. I want to have it always
be in bold, uppercase letters with a specific font and size. When I
receive data in an email (name and address in the body) I want to copy
and paste it into my document and have it automatically appear in the
bold, upperase etc. Since I always receive it in another font and
lowerase, how do I do this?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tim Mastrogiacomo Tim Mastrogiacomo is offline

On May 10, 8:39*am, "Terri" wrote:
I have a saved document that I reuse daily. I want to have it always be in
bold, uppercase letters with a specific font and size. When I receive data
in an email (name and address in the body) I want to copy and paste it into
my document and have it automatically appear in the bold, upperase etc.
Since I always receive it in another font and lowerase, how do I do this?
Thanks!

A quick trick that I use is to open up Notepad (which you'll find in
StartAll ProgramsAccessories) and first paste the text into it. Then
copy the text again from Notepad and paste it into your Word document.
Since Notepad doesn't support any text formatting, when you paste the
text to your Word document it will adopt the formating of what you
already have.

Tim Mastrogiacomo

Copy & Paste Problem Stan New Users 4 May 4th 08 09:51 PM
Copy & Paste problem DartmouthMan Microsoft Word Help 1 November 29th 07 10:41 PM
Copy and Paste problem billybob New Users 4 August 4th 06 05:00 PM
Copy and Paste Problem Rainaelan Microsoft Word Help 1 May 11th 06 12:26 AM
Problem with copy/paste. Frank Martin New Users 2 January 4th 06 12:22 AM