Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ev@[_2_] ev@[_2_] is offline

Default Is it possilbe to have multiple tables of content in a single doc?

I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of contents.

I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.

Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
trip_to_tokyo[_2_] trip_to_tokyo[_2_] is offline

WORD 2007

Yes it is.

Here is a link that may help:-

http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-g...698.aspx?CTT=1

Thanks.
"ev@" wrote:

I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of contents.

I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.

Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

ev@,

The article linked by trip_to_tokyo describes three different ways to put
multiple TOCs in a document. For the specific situation of a separate
appendix, only the one involving bookmarks is simple and relatively
foolproof.

So you don't have to wade through all 17 pages of that long article to get
the bit that's useful to you, go directly to page 14 with this link:
http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-g...on=14&lc=en-gb.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"ev@" wrote:

I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of
contents.

I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.

Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mike.smith[_2_] mike.smith[_2_] is offline

Yes you can,

what you need to do is to set a two different set of styles. Then in one TOC
use exclusively Style 1 and in the other exclusively Style 2.

Make the TOC according to this tutorial but as said, when you will define
your TOC use respective style.

http://www.mswordhelp.com/2010/04/wo...oft-word-2002/

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website

Mike
http://www.mswordhelp.com
how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks

"ev@" wrote:

I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of contents.

I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.

Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Another way to have separate TOCs, if one is for a specific portion of the
document is to bookmark that section and then insert a TOC that refers to
the bookmark, as described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm

http://word.mvps.org