Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Suppressing the Open Link box to a mail merged document

Hi all.

I'm opening a mail merge document in word from an Access 2003 app, by
calling the word object and then opening the document from code.

When you open a mail merge document in Word 2003, I'm sure you are all
familiar with how it pops up a box with the data source each time and
asks you if you want to open it?

Well, that particular box is defaulted to 'no', and so if you open a
document through code in access, it doesn't open the datasource
automatically, and you have to go back and open it afterwards.

I'd like to either change the default to yes, or find a parameter or
command line option which will allow it to automatically open the
datasource link.

Does anyone out there know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

You /probably/ need to apply the following:

"Opening This Will Run the Following SQL Command" Message When You Open a
Word Document - 825765 at:

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

Peter Jamieson
ups.com...