Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Larz

Default Word Fax Wizard

Is there anyway to cusomtize or change one of the three default fax templates
that come up in the fax wizard? We are looking to put our own company logo
and format into one of these templates so that users can use the fax wizard
to pull name and fax numbers from an outlook contact list.

thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Larz

Sorry, one addition. We are only using this to print a fax cover sheet. Not
to send a fax from the fax wizard. If there is a simpler way to make a
template that can pull info from Outlooks contacts that would be great too!

Thanks!

"Larz" wrote:

Is there anyway to cusomtize or change one of the three default fax templates
that come up in the fax wizard? We are looking to put our own company logo
and format into one of these templates so that users can use the fax wizard
to pull name and fax numbers from an outlook contact list.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
RRR_News

Larz,
Run through the Fax letter wizard, you don't have to fill in anything just yet.
After you press "finish" button.The document, then can be altered by cutting and
pasting a logo into it. Plus anything else you want to change.

1. I would first save the document created by the wizard, before doing any
alterations, to a folder that you can find easily.
2. Cut and paste your logo as desired. When you do that, I would save it again,
changing the filename slightly. I find it less stressful if I save on a regular
basis (different versions) during a document creation, so it will be easier if I
make a mistake, not to have to start from scratch again.
3. Once you got all the changes you want, before adding the mergefields, I would
save the document as a template. I would save it in the same folder as you saved
the different versions of the document, not the default template folder. And do
not give it the name you are going to save it as, in the final version.
4. Since you want to use Outlook with the template, open Outlook, and from the
toolbar, run the mail merge wizard from it, browsing to the "template" you just
created to use as the letter for the merge. Add the appropriate "fields" from
Outlook's database to the template from the mailmerge wizard.
5. When you are satisfied. Save it again as a template, give it its final name,
and place it the default office "template" folder.

--

Have A Good Day
Rich/rerat

(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"Larz" wrote:

Is there anyway to cusomtize or change one of the three default fax templates
that come up in the fax wizard? We are looking to put our own company logo
and format into one of these templates so that users can use the fax wizard
to pull name and fax numbers from an outlook contact list.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You don't even need to use the fax wizard. You can pull information from
Outlook using the method at http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm and you
simply print to the fax driver - see http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm

"Larz" wrote:

Is there anyway to cusomtize or change one of the three default fax
templates that come up in the fax wizard? We are looking to put our
own company logo and format into one of these templates so that
users can use the fax wizard to pull name and fax numbers from an
outlook contact list.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Larz

Graham,

Thank you for your help! I think that is what I need.

Lars