Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peely

Default HELP - Challenging Merge Question for Word 2003

Hi Doug - thanks for the reply. I really think this article could help me if
it provided the steps using Word 2003. The steps listed in the article seem
to be from an earlier version and I am unable to replicate them. Any ideas??
=======================
Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article
or at:
http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

--
Peely

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

or at:

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Peely" (donotspam) wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to create a mailmerge using an excel spreadsheet. Within
the
spreadsheet I have primary and secondary records. They are sorted by a
code
and an indicator of Primary vs. Secondary. (All records for a code are
grouped together with Primary listed first.) The secondary record can be
as
little as no records or as many as 10 records. What I'd like to do is
merge
the Primary record into a form in Word, then merge by the Secondary
record(s)
in the same form. After the code changes, I want it to move on to the
next
form and begin again. Any ideas?

I.e.,
Record 1 - Primary #1
Record 2 - Secondary #1
Record 3 - Secondary #2

Record #4 - Primary #2
Record #5 - Secondary #1

Record #6 - Primary #3

Record #7 - Primary #4
Record #8 - Secondary #1
Record #9 - Secondary #2
Record #10 - Secondary #3
Record #11 - Secondary #4

(Etc.)

--
Peely

--
Peely
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You can insert fields manually in any version of Word. 2003 has a 'wizard'
that tends to get in the way, but you don't have to use it - see