Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jim Mac Millan

Default Problem Printing Specific Pages After Merge

I merged 10 records to a new document. After I printed the pages I noticed a
typo in some of the merged data. In the new document I fixed the mistakes
and attempted to print out only the effected pages.

In the Page range section of Print Dialog box I put in "2-4, 8" expecting
pages 2,3,4, and 8 to print out. Instead all ten pages are printed. I even
tried "2-4" and just single pages and the same thing happens every time. Is
seems to be directly connected to the newly merged document as none merged
documents behave as expected when printed.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm not even sure what to look for in the KB to
find a fix.

TIA

Jim Mac Millan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jim Mac Millan

A few forgotten details, App is Word 2003 SP2

Sorry
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have you tried printing directly from the "edit individual letters"
document?

Betsy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Typically, each record in the dta source results in a new /section/ in the
output document, i.e. for a single page mail merge main document you will
have p1s1, p1s2, p1s3, and so on. In that case you may be able to print the
material you need using e.g. p1s1-p1s4,p1s8

Peter Jamieson

"Jim Mac Millan" wrote in message
I merged 10 records to a new document. After I printed the pages I noticed
a typo in some of the merged data. In the new document I fixed the mistakes
and attempted to print out only the effected pages.

In the Page range section of Print Dialog box I put in "2-4, 8" expecting
pages 2,3,4, and 8 to print out. Instead all ten pages are printed. I even
tried "2-4" and just single pages and the same thing happens every time.
Is seems to be directly connected to the newly merged document as none
merged documents behave as expected when printed.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm not even sure what to look for in the KB
to find a fix.

TIA

Jim Mac Millan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jim Mac Millan

Hi Betsy,

I hate to sound dumb but I can't find in any of the menus a "edit
individual letters" function or menu item. Could you give a me pointer?

Thanks
Jim Mac Millan

wrote in message
oups.com...
Have you tried printing directly from the "edit individual letters"
document?

Betsy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jim Mac Millan

Peter,

That did exactly what I wanted.

Thanks :-)
Jim Mac Millan

Mail Merge problem. Jack Mailmerge 1 April 19th 05 07:23 AM
Problem printing specific pages in a document Brown4girls Microsoft Word Help 1 March 17th 05 04:58 AM
Printing problem with Word 2002, 2003 Anthony Microsoft Word Help 2 January 11th 05 03:31 AM
Printing selected pages from renumbered sections wkrasl Microsoft Word Help 1 January 4th 05 11:58 PM
Problem printing pages in order Joanne Microsoft Word Help 0 December 9th 04 02:55 AM