Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
SueH

Default Switch between windows when entering merge fields in main document

When adding fields to a Word Merge main document, in order to place a field
in another position, you must close the field window, then reopen it for each
field. This was new to 2003 and is driving me crazy!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

Cindy Meister wrote a UserForm and macros to replace the built-in dialog
with the UserForm that lets you click back and forth. You can find it he
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...02.htm#FldList

You'll need to download the sample and transfer the code. I put it into a
separate Merge.dot add-in and have happily used it for almost two years.

You can get information on changing the interface to something you'll like
better, too, at:
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...002/MM2002.htm. Click on the
link for "Word 2002 Mail merge interface."
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"SueH" wrote in message
When adding fields to a Word Merge main document, in order to place a
field
in another position, you must close the field window, then reopen it for
each
field. This was new to 2003 and is driving me crazy!

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

It was introduced with Word 2002. Go back to the old method and you won't
have the problem - see

SueH wrote:
When adding fields to a Word Merge main document, in order to place a
field in another position, you must close the field window, then
reopen it for each field. This was new to 2003 and is driving me
crazy!

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds