Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Problem printing labels

I have a strange problem printing labels in Word 03. When I print a
blank page with random text, it prints fine. However when I then ask it
to print a label;

ToolsLetters and MailingsEnvelopes and LabelsNew Document

It displays the labels fine onscreen, but when I come to print, the
printer lights just flash. The computer doesn't detect a problem, and
some other computers on the network are able to print label sheets to
this same printer without error.

I consider this problem to be within my Word settings, however through
looking at my print settings, I can't see a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Im using Word 2003 SP2
to a Brother HL5140

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
klam

I have no experience troubleshooting/answering on this board, etc. but I was
just taking a look at the "unaswered posts" to see if there was a trend
(since no one was able to help me with mine yesterday), and came upon yours.

Since no one has offered a suggestion, here's a stab in the dark...

Do you have your paper set for "Manual" for labels? (I do this since I
share a printer and don't want my colleagues' stuff to queue and print when I
have my labels in the machine.) You can check under Print Properties
Paper Source Is make sure Source Is Automatic Select (not Manual).

This is for Word2000, but you can probably figure out where to go if it's
different for W2003. Hope this helps!

cheers,
karen

" wrote:

I have a strange problem printing labels in Word 03. When I print a
blank page with random text, it prints fine. However when I then ask it
to print a label;

ToolsLetters and MailingsEnvelopes and LabelsNew Document

It displays the labels fine onscreen, but when I come to print, the
printer lights just flash. The computer doesn't detect a problem, and
some other computers on the network are able to print label sheets to
this same printer without error.

I consider this problem to be within my Word settings, however through
looking at my print settings, I can't see a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Im using Word 2003 SP2
to a Brother HL5140

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Does the paper size in the printer match that of the labels that you are
using? That is A4 for A4 labels, Letter Size for Letter Size.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a strange problem printing labels in Word 03. When I print a
blank page with random text, it prints fine. However when I then ask it
to print a label;

ToolsLetters and MailingsEnvelopes and LabelsNew Document

It displays the labels fine onscreen, but when I come to print, the
printer lights just flash. The computer doesn't detect a problem, and
some other computers on the network are able to print label sheets to
this same printer without error.

I consider this problem to be within my Word settings, however through
looking at my print settings, I can't see a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Im using Word 2003 SP2
to a Brother HL5140

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I realise this is late posting, but better late than never, I was
caught up in the whole problem.

Yes, you were right, I had the main labels settup screen set to Manual,
so no matter what I set the printer up in FilePrint, it selected Tray
1.

Thanks to you both.