Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
D123

Default mail merge button is greyed out when I try to merge my data sourc

I am using Mail Merge; there was an old letter that I needed to use, set up
for mail merge but the data source was wrong so I created the proper one;
when I go to merge, the merge button is greyed out what do I do
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Which version of Word?

Did you reconnect to the data source? If you are using Word 2002/2003, use
Tools|Customize to enable the MailMerge toolbar, click the leftmost button
to select the merge type, then the 2nd button to select the mail merge data
source.

Peter Jamieson