Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
NikkiD. NikkiD. is offline

Default Mail Merge Filters Word 2003

One of the computers in our office recently upgraded to MS Word 2003. The
rest of us are using 2000. When inputting filters using MS Word 2000,
everything works fine. However, when doing this with MS Word 2003, it seems
that the program does not remember the filters because when we process the
mail merge, all of the records appear, and not just the ones according to the
filters.

I hope this makes sense. I'm assuming it's something that we're doing wrong.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I'm assuming it's something that we're doing wrong.

I doubt it. However, there were some quite big changes between Word 2000
and Word XP in this area and there were/are some problems.

What type(s) of data source are you using? Word documents? Excel
workbooks? Others? A mixture?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 03/03/2010 18:08, NikkiD. wrote:
One of the computers in our office recently upgraded to MS Word 2003. The
rest of us are using 2000. When inputting filters using MS Word 2000,
everything works fine. However, when doing this with MS Word 2003, it seems
that the program does not remember the filters because when we process the
mail merge, all of the records appear, and not just the ones according to the
filters.

I hope this makes sense. I'm assuming it's something that we're doing wrong.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Automatic filters in word mail merge Jadams1 Microsoft Word Help 3 May 29th 09 08:13 AM
Excel 2007 - Filters and Mail Merge [email protected] Mailmerge 1 June 13th 07 01:50 AM
Mail Merge Filters Jan L Mailmerge 4 June 1st 06 06:57 AM
Mail Merge Help Needed. Filters will not work. I am DESPERATE Dee Carpenter Mailmerge 1 January 9th 06 04:07 PM
Mail Merge Using Date Filters With SQL Data Source Jonathan Wareham Mailmerge 2 April 25th 05 10:08 AM