Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
krazykaigh krazykaigh is offline
Junior Member

Default Numbered List... Restart numbering in the middle

I have a Word document that I am using bookmarks to basically merge with data from my 2007 Access DB. In the code behind the button to fill the document I have the following (partial code)

Dim yada as yada ' all the dim stuff is up top in the code

Set WordObj = CreateObject("Word.Application")
Set WordDoc = WordObj.Documents.Open _
("C:\Users\ktaylor\Documents\LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT.dotx")
WordObj.Visible = True
Now through the code I "goto" certain bookmarks and insert text. For example:

' Go to the bookmark named "TitleWholeName"
Set WordRange = WordDoc.Goto(What:=wdGoToBookmark, Name:="TitleWholeName")
WordRange.InsertAfter strName

Now I have not defined any list at all. In the document template there are 7 numbered paragraphs and between each number, there may be more than one paragraph. For example:

III (this is centered in the document - and part of a numbered list)

Blah blah, yada blah yada yada.

IV (this too is centered in the document)

More important text is here, yada, something else.

(this is where I would like to insert a new paragraph number, followed by another paragraph of text. I have a Bookmark name NewPara already here)

V (this too is centered and a list number item)

A paragraph may or may not be inserted above this one. Yada, blah, yada yada blah.

So, I would like to know how to insert a line number at the bookmark NewPara

Thanks for any help in advance!