Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tami tami is offline

Default hyperlinks in WORD 2007 not opening

I have a problem with a document that has a few hyperlinks. The document and
the others pointed to are on a shared network. The work on my desk but when I
send to another user they cannot open the hyperlinks. They get an error :
cannot open file. I have set the base hyperlink in properties/summary ect....
Anyone else have this issue? And please any advice would be helpful.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Tami,

If you use Alt+F9 to toggle to field display, what does it show in the
{HYPERLINK ...} field content?

What type of items are you linking to? If you email the document to yourself and save it to a different folder than your original
document can you open use the hyperlinks?

You can run into issues if the links are being updated when the file is saved or opened, or if you're using links to mapped drives
and another person isn't using the same mapping.

===============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tami tami is offline

If all users are on the same Network and work out of different folders how do
hyperlinks work? If I create a new doc and link to other documents in the
same folder. Set the base for links as to my root folder.
The user that receives the document through email is on the same Network but
maps to a different folder on the same drive. The hyperlinks wrok at my desk
but not theirs.
How do we work around different mappings?

"Tami" wrote:

I have a problem with a document that has a few hyperlinks. The document and
the others pointed to are on a shared network. The work on my desk but when I
send to another user they cannot open the hyperlinks. They get an error :
cannot open file. I have set the base hyperlink in properties/summary ect....
Anyone else have this issue? And please any advice would be helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Geishauser Tony Geishauser is offline

Did you find an answer to your question? I have Word 2003 and cannot open
hyperlinks in my email now. I could before, but something happened that does
not allow me to now. It would be helpful to me if you found an answer.