Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DavidUK DavidUK is offline

Default Coloured hyperlinks in Word 2007?

Dear All,

I would like to insert different coloured hyperlinks into my documents. I
have created a simple macro which inserts the hyperlink with no problem. I
can control the hyperlink style using the dialog box but it makes a global
change to all the hyperlinks in the document (all the hyperlinks are the same
colour). What I want is to be able to press a shortcut key and insert a red
hyperlink and another key for a blue hyperlink. I have thought about using a
small image so I would have full control over colour etc but I feel that this
would not be such a good solution,

Any ideas?

Thanks

David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

DavidUK wrote:
Dear All,

I would like to insert different coloured hyperlinks into my
documents. I have created a simple macro which inserts the hyperlink
with no problem. I can control the hyperlink style using the dialog
box but it makes a global change to all the hyperlinks in the
document (all the hyperlinks are the same colour). What I want is to
be able to press a shortcut key and insert a red hyperlink and
another key for a blue hyperlink. I have thought about using a small
image so I would have full control over colour etc but I feel that
this would not be such a good solution,

Any ideas?

Thanks

David

You can define your own character styles, such as HyperlinkRed or
HyperlinkGreen (or whatever names you like). In the New Style dialog, set
the Based On style as Hyperlink and change the color to your choice.

The Insert Hyperlink dialog will always apply the Hyperlink style to begin
with, but then you can select the link and apply one of your custom styles.

The only drawback (if you consider it to be a drawback and not an advantage)
is that the altered hyperlinks won't change color -- by having the
FollowedHyperlink style automatically applied -- when you follow the link,
as would happen with an unaltered hyperlink.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

How do I see coloured fonts in my document Sam Microsoft Word Help 1 July 4th 07 07:36 AM
Coloured background Jim S New Users 3 July 3rd 07 09:59 PM
Coloured titles in Word Dave[_5_] New Users 5 June 23rd 07 06:24 PM
Printable coloured background for Word Docs Hermes Microsoft Word Help 2 September 29th 06 03:38 AM
how do i print on coloured paper Nicola Microsoft Word Help 1 July 18th 06 03:27 AM