Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GLOBULIN777 GLOBULIN777 is offline

Default Microsoft Office 2007

..doc is not a valid Win32 application

THE ABOVE IS AN ERROR MESSAGE I RECEIVE WHEN I TRY TO OPEN (BY DOUBLE
CLICKING) A WORD 2003 DOCUMENT USING WORD 2007.
I CAN OPEN THE 2003 WORD DOCUMENT FROM WITHIN THE MICROSOFT OFFICE WORD 2007
PROGRAMME BUT THIS IS MUCH MORE CUMBERSOME THAN OPENING THE 2003 WORD
DOCUMENT JUST BY DOUBLE CLICKING ON ITS ICON, WHICH IS WHAT I WANT TO BE ABLE
TO DO.
i TRY TO SET THE FILE ASSOCIATION FOR THE DOCUMENT TO WORD 2007 BUT I CANNOT
AS WHEN I TRY TO DO THIS WORD 2007 IS NOT AVAILABLE AS A PROGRAMME IN THE
FILE ASSOCIATION LIST, EVEN IF I BROWSE AND MANUALLY TRY TO INSERT WORD 2007
INTO THE LIST OF PROGRAMS FOR FILE ASSOCIATION IT WILL NOT APPEAR IN THE LIST
OF PROGRAMMES.
I ALSO TRIED A REPAIR FROM WITHIN THE CONTROL PANEL AND THIS DID NOT WORK.
WHAT IS MOST ANNOYING IS THAT I INSTALLED OFFICE 2007 ONTO ANOTHER PC
RUNNING VISTA PREMIUM AND IT WORKS FINE BUT ON MY PC RUNNING VISTA BASIC,
WORD 2007 REFUSES TO OPEN ANY 2003 DOCUMENTS BY DOUBLE CLICKING ON THEM.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED AS I CANNOT FIND AN ANSWER ANYWHERE.....
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Please retype in the correct case.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"GLOBULIN777" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GLOBULIN777 GLOBULIN777 is offline

How did you get to be a Microsoft MVP if you cannot read writing which has
been written in uppercase.
I presume you can read the various signs around your hometown which are
written in uppercase, or do you get the shops to change them for you.
Get a life..........

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The wording on signs is usually not complete paragraphs but just short
phrases. Readability studies have shown that text in all caps is more
difficult to read. In any case, uppercase in newsgroup posts is considered
shouting and is deemed rude. It isn't that we can't read a post in all caps
but that many may not bother because it's too much trouble.

Consider that you are the one with the problem; we are the ones who may be
able to offer help. Post on your own terms if you like. If you want help,
however, you might want to consider the advice we offer wrt posting
etiquette.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The wording on signs is usually not complete paragraphs but just short
phrases. Readability studies have shown that text in all caps is more
difficult to read. In any case, uppercase in newsgroup posts is considered
shouting and is deemed rude. It isn't that we can't read a post in all
caps but that many may not bother because it's too much trouble.

Consider that you are the one with the problem; we are the ones who may be
able to offer help. Post on your own terms if you like. If you want help,
however, you might want to consider the advice we offer wrt posting
etiquette.

The OP also multiposted the same all-caps post to office.misc. he's getting
the same flack there as well... :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GLOBULIN777 GLOBULIN777 is offline

Here is some news for you.... Americans are considered just the same as
UPPERCASE.... i.e. Loud and Rude, but generally speaking we don't pontificate
to them, but in your case I am making an exception.

Cheerio......

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GLOBULIN777 GLOBULIN777 is offline

Shouldn't have bothered you, you can't read anything in uppercase anyway, you
have spent more time BS ing than a little......

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Answered in the word.application.errors NG.

Pease do not multipost like this. There is nothing more annoying than
answering a question in one NG to find the same question asked and answered
in several other NGs.

If you think a question needs to be posted to more than one NG, please
CROSS-POST. Cross-posting has the advantages that an answer will be
cross-posted to all the other NGs making it easier for the poster to see all
the answers in one place. It save time by alerting responders that the
question has already had an answer. It also means that all the cross-posted
instances get marked as read saving the responder reading the same post
repeatedly.

Terry

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

What land to you hail from Globulin777? You would insult an entire nation
because you don't like the comments of a few. Would be interested to know
if your country is one of those that the loud and rude Americans have
rescued from starvation, oppression, occupation or some other malady at one
point or another. Good luck finding the answer to your question. It is
beginning to look like you are not going to find it here.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The wording on signs is usually not complete paragraphs but just
short phrases. Readability studies have shown that text in all caps
is more difficult to read. In any case, uppercase in newsgroup posts
is considered shouting and is deemed rude. It isn't that we can't
read a post in all caps but that many may not bother because it's
too much trouble.

Consider that you are the one with the problem; we are the ones who
may be able to offer help. Post on your own terms if you like. If
you want help, however, you might want to consider the advice we
offer wrt posting etiquette.

"Globulin777" wrote in
message ...

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

McCain/Palin '08 !!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Terry,

Oh. Then perhaps his insult is also directed at the Irish Americans and
some of their relatives back home.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GLOBULIN777 GLOBULIN777 is offline

Well I aint from Iran where you had Mossadeq deposed, or Vietnam which you
levelled or Chile, Peru, or Argintina, Quatar, kuwait (Model democracy), The
Congo, Angola, I aint Uzbek, Kryg, or Kazak who's resources you cherish or
any other tin pot nation you seek to subsume......
Adios.... Vava Chavez, Viva Morales, Viva Iran.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GLOBULIN777 GLOBULIN777 is offline

Aint you good, you got my Ip.........
Ya muppet.
MVP !!!!!!!!!!! Ya kidding?

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GLOBULIN777 GLOBULIN777 is offline

Americans, Irish, Italian, English or otherwise don't mean Jack S. to me.
The only true Americans are Ameriandians and "yall" did your best to wipe
them out.
Your country is sinking in a quagmire of consumerism and Big Business runs
the White house....... Enron, The banks, Haliburton, Kellogg and Root.....
Your all self delusional loopers, every dog has its day and every empire
eventually crumbles, you cannot remain the top dog forever.....The Chinese
are in the ascendant......
Remember your great President begging the chinese for his plane........

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GLOBULIN777 GLOBULIN777 is offline

You seem to love the overly gratuitous use of obtuse vocabulary.
Guess you must have had a good education subsidised by the hard working joe.
Reading your tripe I can see where Marxism sprung from.
Ya dipper.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Nothing so grand: it was the other way around. Ordinary working class, live
in mid-terraced house, parents were nurses, struggled through high school,
left at 16 and worked until I retired. I think my taxes did a poor job of
your education. I never found the Marx Brothers funny: the other one was a
mass murderer and definitely not in my circle.

Terry

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

You present such finely grafted arguments.

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GLOBULIN777 GLOBULIN777 is offline

Well you will be pleased to know that your taxes were not used too
extensively as I left at 15 and have been working ever since, no doubt my
taxes have been contributing to the education of your unfortunate progeny.
Strange isn't it, how occasionally, that even a regular working guy (i.e.
YOU) who gets a little knowledge or education thinks he can lord it up. Hope
your kids don't have your offhand and terrible attitude, you are full of
yourself, but hey, then again, you are a very important person aren't
This discourse is boring me, conversation ended.
Goodbye YA MUPPET.