Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kenshireen kenshireen is offline

Default Word 2007 Will not Update "Set Associations" to open doc. and docx

just installed office 2007. Previosly had 2003.. I went into "set
associations" to update the program used to open "Doc" and "docx" however it
would not update.
I go into browse and select the following path:

"set associations" window did not update for this application.. It appears it
does not like "winword"; however, this is the only word application that I
can see in the office 12 folder. I cannot find a "winword.exe application.

In addition when I try to open a newly created office document it cannot
find a program to open and I go through the same "browse" procedure and
nothing is updated. How can I get Microsoft word 2007 into "set Associations
" as the default program to open .doc and docx

Have I not selected the correct program... I now have all my .doc files
which I cannot open.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] paul.rigby@gmail.com is offline

On 11 Dec, 21:49, kenshireen
wrote:
*just installed office 2007. Previosly had 2003.. I went into "set
associations" to update the program used to open "Doc" and "docx" however it
would not update.
I go into browse and select the following path:

"set associations" window did not update for this application.. It appears it
does not like "winword"; however, this is the only word application that I
can see in the office 12 folder. *I cannot find a "winword.exe application.

In addition when I try to open a newly created office document it cannot
find a program to open and I go through the same "browse" procedure and
nothing is updated. How can I get Microsoft word 2007 into "set Associations
" as the default program to open .doc and docx

Have I not selected the correct program... I now have all my .doc files
which I cannot open.

Go into Windows Explorer then Tools Folder Options File Types,
find .doc and press Change - then find winword.exe. If you can't find
winword do a search (r-click) on "c:\Program Files".

Paul
www.awgarstone.co.uk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kenshireen kenshireen is offline

Default Word 2007 Will not Update "Set Associations" to open doc. and

" wrote:

On 11 Dec, 21:49, kenshireen
wrote:
[...]

I use vista... when you open tools you can select folder options....but
there is only a general,view and search option. There is no "file types"
button.
Also, the problem I am having is that I find "winword" within the office
folder but not "winword.exe"... although when I check the properties of
"winword" it shows it as a exe file.