Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
hbean hbean is offline

Default Zipcode Invalid with bulk mailmerge

Hi -

I'm using Word 2007 and doing a large (4200+ records) mail merge. We
use a process inhouse to "code" these records for the post office bulk
mailing, so some records have an extra field (Opt_Endorsement_Line)
indicating the start of a new bin. The barcode is using the delivery
address and zip to generate, and for all of the records where the
Opt_Endorsement_Line is blank, the barcode works fine.

However, for those records (about 1 in every 30 or so) where there is
a value in the Opt_Endorsement_Line field, I get the error
ZipCodeInvalid! and then the barcode. When I toggle the fields, it
looks like there are two barcode fields - one pulling the information
from the Opt_Endorsement_Line field, and one from the delivery address
and zip.

On the letters which work, and on my master document, I see no
evidence of two barcode fields.

Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix? I really
don't relish the thought of manually removing this field from all
these letters....

Thanks in advance!
Heather