Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim154 Jim154 is offline

Default HDI Change "Margin Ruler" to show 11"x17" on Word 2007

I'm trying to create a simple shop drawing for a project that needs to be
printed on A3 (11"x17") paper. The problem is, the margins are set (by
default) as 8 1/2" x 11" and I want the margins to show 17"x11" so I can see
how it's going to look before it's printed.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Margins aren't the problem - you're referring to paper size. Margins
determine how close to the edge of the paper content is allowed to print. On
the Page Layout tab in the Page Setup group click Size, then select A3 from
the list - assuming your printer supports that paper size.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Jim154" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a simple shop drawing for a project that needs to be
printed on A3 (11"x17") paper. The problem is, the margins are set (by
default) as 8 1/2" x 11" and I want the margins to show 17"x11" so I can
see
how it's going to look before it's printed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim154 Jim154 is offline

Thank you for your response. You're right about the margins. My default
printer isn't capable of handling the larger size so, it didn't show up on
the "Page Layout/Size" drop down list. I have multiple printers and already
partially created the document so, I didn't want to start from scratch. So,
what I've determined after trial and error is that the easiest way to change
it at this point was to do a "Print Preview" 1st, then "Print" and change to
the printer that supports the paper I want then hit "close". The "Margin
Ruler" is now showing a 17x11 page and in the "page layout/size" there will
be an option for "Tabloid" (17x11). Close the "Preview". SUCCESS!!!
Now, with all that said, I'm sure there is a shortcut to all that bs but, it
will have to work for now. I will attemp to create a "Template" for future
projects when I have time.
Thanks again,
Jim