john_moss john_moss is offline
Junior Member

Default How to autoreplace text in a Word template?

An example of what I’m trying to ask:
When I go to a page that has an input form, there may be a prompt for information in the input box. When I place the mouse there with a left-click, the prompt disappears and I can enter as prompted (name, address, whatever). How do I code for this 'prompt'?

My specific need:
Outside of 'forms', how does a Word template present the same type of 'prompt' (e.g., for an address, ‘123 Main Street’) such that when I click on that location on the Word document, the prompt (‘123 Main Street’) disappears and my entry, as I begin typing, is formatted in the same style as the prompt. How does one code a Word template to achieve this effect?

This question pertains strictly to MS Word, and I am using Word 2003. Thank you for any help and suggestions I might use in creating my own template for personal use.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think what you're describing are MacroButton NoMacro fields; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm.

http://word.mvps.org

--
john_moss

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See the article "Using MacroButton fields” at:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm

or better,

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

and the following pages of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website :

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and...a_UserForm.htm

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm

--
Hope this helps.