Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sean sean is offline

Default Cannot restart numbered list in Word2007

Why do numbered list automatically revert to 'continue from the previous
list' after I have saved the document and then re-opened it.

I have 6 Word2007 subdocuments files, that I have inserted into a Master
Document.

If I open a file outside the Master Document and change the numbered lists
to start at 1 using 'Restart at 1' or 'Restart at i' (for a second level
list) command, then save and open it again outside the Master Document all
the numbered lists are correct.

But if I open this file in the Master Document all the numbered lists run
continuously (restarted Numbered Lists are ignored).

How can I make sure the restarted Numbered List are correctly saved and will
not automatically revert to 'continue from the previous list'.

I am using Word2007 on a Vista OS.

Many thanks in advance
Sean
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To restart numbered lists, the easiest approach is to set up an outline (a
multilevel) list.

More importantly in this case, note that master documents corrupt in Word
and should be avoided. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/RecoverMasterDocs.htm.

--
Stefan Blom