Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill8971 Bill8971 is offline

Default Microsoft Office 2007

How do I get my PC to recognize I do have a valid copy of Office 2007?
Started getting the error stating "This copy of Microsoft is not genuine"
after a security update from Microsoft was downloaded. Everything was fine
prior to that.
--
Bill8971
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joefox joefox is offline

One thing you could try is to uninstall the update if you think that was the
problem. Open Control PanelAdd/Remove Programs, click Show Updates on the
top of the window. Updates show the installed date so you don't have to guess
which one it was. Here is some info on the Validation -
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/

Here is a link for a specific update causing similar problems. It would be
nice if it was the same update giving you grief.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...tall-kb949810/

I guess if nothing else, call Microsoft; as painful as that will be. Good
luck.