fastandfuriousbutbreakindown

Default Setting width of pull-down menus?

Is there any way to change the width of the pull-down menus in WORD?
Especially the File (for Recently Used File List). A corollary question is
how to change the number of files displayed to more than 9.

Many of my file names are too wide for the File pull-down menu and many have
the same leading portion with varying suffix portions which do no display
making the list of limited utility in identifying the files.....
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Neither of those items can be changed. You're stuck with that width for the
pull-down menus, and 9 is the maximum number of recent files that can be
displayed.

There is a folder called My Recent Documents, which is located in Documents
and Settings, [user name] folder. You could create a shortcut to that folder
and use it... understandably not the same, but still...

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com