Mnordby

Default hyperlink file paths

I'm using Word 2000 with an XPHome system.

I'm trying to create a travelogue of a recent trip on a CD. There are a
number of JPEG images on the CD, and I want to write a word document, also to
be stored on the CD, with hyperlinks to those pictures.

The potential problem is that my CD drive is E:. Most CD drives are D:.
I'm assuming that if I send out copies of this CD to friends, the links won't
work.

Is there a way to alter the hyperlink paths so that they will point to the
root of the CD, regardless of what letter it's designated? Or, is it simply
a matter of changing the filepaths for all the hyperlinks so they begin with
D: instead of E:?

Any help appreciated!
Word Heretic

G'day "Mnordby" ,

Set the absolute hyperlink base for the document.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Mnordby reckoned: