BCP

Default Changing style of Level 4 in Outline

I'm using Word in Office 2003.
In Outline View I've created text at 4 levels with headings etc. Each level
gets automatically formatted with styles: Heading 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on. But I
want to change Level 4 to using a Bullet Text style instead of a Heading
style. I feel there must be a way of doing this - but all I can find is the
option to change the Heading 4 style but it will still be called Heading 4.

I hate the Word help now, find it really hard to use, eg I can't find
Outline in the Table of Contents. I have tried to find the answer to my
question in offline and online help, but I failed. Do other people hate it?

Daiya Mitchell

It's not the only answer.

You could also modify any existing bulleted style to have an outline level
of 4 (which is paragraph formatting), and then run a Find & Replace to
replace all Heading 4 with your bulleted style.

Putting bullets on Heading 4 is going to be fewer steps, and there are good
reasons for using the built-in heading styles for all headings, and if it
isn't a heading, the outline level should probably be body text.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ingStyles.html

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/