R. Derek Pattison

Default Database error when Merging from Excel

I have Office 2003 and Windows XP SP2, and when I'm trying to do a mailmerge
from one of my Excel spreadsheets, I've started geteting an error that says:

'This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine
failures. Please try again later.'

Or, if I try to create choose that spreadsheet to use as the data source, I
get to the dialog box to select table, then, there is a second box to select
table, and it's empty.

I also sometimes get an error telling me that the data source can't be opened.

I can open and work with the spreadsheet in Excel without any problems.

Other mail merges I do with Excel spreadsheets work fine, and this
spreadsheet was fine until a week or so ago. I've run the Detect and Repair
to no avail. Any advice?
meowkapow

Hi, I've also had the exact same problem. Were you abel to fix your own and
if so, could you help me at all?

Thanks in advance,

Nicole

"R. Derek Pattison" wrote:

I have Office 2003 and Windows XP SP2, and when I'm trying to do a mailmerge
from one of my Excel spreadsheets, I've started geteting an error that says:

'This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine
failures. Please try again later.'

Or, if I try to create choose that spreadsheet to use as the data source, I
get to the dialog box to select table, then, there is a second box to select
table, and it's empty.

I also sometimes get an error telling me that the data source can't be opened.

I can open and work with the spreadsheet in Excel without any problems.

Other mail merges I do with Excel spreadsheets work fine, and this
spreadsheet was fine until a week or so ago. I've run the Detect and Repair
to no avail. Any advice?

R. Derek Pattison

I cut and pasted the data into a new spreadsheet, and that worked, so I guess
the file was just corrupt. It took some time to fix my formulas, but it was
the only thing that fixed it.

I hope this helps,
Derek