Not Really Me

Default Find & Replace (replace w/ field)?

Is it possible to use a field as a replace value in a find and replace box?

I need to replace the same piece of text many times.

Would a keyboard macro work?

Scott

Greg Maxey

Yes it is possible to use a field (a copy of a field) in the replace with
box.

What exactly are you trying to do?

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Not Really Me wrote:
Is it possible to use a field as a replace value in a find and
replace box?
I need to replace the same piece of text many times.

Would a keyboard macro work?

Scott

Not Really Me

Not Really Me wrote:
Is it possible to use a field as a replace value in a find and
replace box?
I need to replace the same piece of text many times.

Would a keyboard macro work?

Scott

Greg,
It doesn't seem to work when I try it. I have about a dozen docs ranging
from 10-80 pages that I want to make more flexible. We re-use them all the
time and need to change many items. My plan is to make the variable items
docproperties then replace the existing text with the docproperties fields.
There are enough that some form of automation would be worthwhile. I guess
this is a variation on mail merge.

When I do a copy of a field item into the replace box it only copies the
current value of the field, not the field codes. If I manually put the
field code into the replace box I get an error.

Scott