Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ted K

Default File name and path autotext

When closing a letter, the last thing to be put on a letter is the filename
with the path. This option we're selecting from "Insert", then "autotext",
then "Header/Footer", then "Filename with Path".

Ordinarily this works fine, but for some reason, now it is not. What it is
printing is the following: {filename /p}

Any idea on how to fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Ted K wrote:
When closing a letter, the last thing to be put on a letter is the
filename with the path. This option we're selecting from "Insert",
then "autotext", then "Header/Footer", then "Filename with Path".

Ordinarily this works fine, but for some reason, now it is not. What
it is printing is the following: {filename /p}

Any idea on how to fix this?

Go to Tools Options Print and uncheck "Field codes".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Evidently someone has overwritten your "Filename and path" AutoText entry.
You'll need to recreate it. In the header or footer (so you'll be using the
right style), use Insert | Field | Filename and choose the option to add the
\p switch. After inserting the field in your header/footer, select it and
save it as an AutoText entry named "Filename and path." (You'll be asked if
you want to overwrite the existing entry; say yes.)