Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ameden genie

Default How can I get continuous sections when using footnotes?

I am dividing a Word 2000 document into sections so I can get different
headers on the different sections. But the document has very extensive
footnotes. Word seems to refuse to let footnotes from different sections
share the same page, so it pushes each section to a new page, wasting space
unnecessariy. I have not downloaded SP3. Does that fix the problem? Or does
Word 2003 fix it? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

No, Word won't let you combine continuous sections and footnotes. If
it did, the same footnote number could appear multiple times on the
same page (since footnote numbering can be restarted on each section).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP