Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
yvonnedemulder

Default Update Excel table in Word automatically from data in Excel

Ive got an Excel document with many tables in 30 different sheets.
I want to make an Word document, in which I want to insert the excel tables
between the text.
The data in Excel is made up out of column headers and row headers with list
of marks under it.
Ive got to change the marks in Excel a lot of times, but I dont want to
change the Word document all the time.
So the tables in the Word document have to change with the changes I make in
the Excel document.

I know this is possible, but no one I know seems to know how to do this.
I would really be grateful with an answer, because I want to use this in my
Final Project.

Yvonne de Mulder (From Holland)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hi Yvonne-

In an Excel file, select & copy a 'table', or range of cells. Go to your
Word doc & use EditPaste Special. Select the Option for Paste Link, then
choose one of the items in the list, such as:

1) MS Office Excel Worksheet Object - appears in the doc as a 'picture'
which cannot be edited in Word but is linked to the original Excel file,

2) Formatted Text - appears as a Word Table, but retains _most_ of the
formatting (sometimes there are issues that need to be adjusted, such as
column widths) used in the Excel File & can be treated as a Word table, or

3) Unformatted Text - which also appears as a Word table & can be treeated
as such, but does _not_ carry the formatting that was used in Excel.

The other choices are also explained in the Paste Special dialog box when
you click on them, but these are the most likely ones. More info can be found
in Word Help, as well.

HTH |:)

"yvonnedemulder" wrote:

Can you tell me how to do this?

"yvonnedemulder" wrote:

Ive got an Excel document with many tables in 30 different sheets.
I want to make an Word document, in which I want to insert the excel tables
between the text.
The data in Excel is made up out of column headers and row headers with list
of marks under it.
Ive got to change the marks in Excel a lot of times, but I dont want to
change the Word document all the time.
So the tables in the Word document have to change with the changes I make in
the Excel document.

I know this is possible, but no one I know seems to know how to do this.
I would really be grateful with an answer, because I want to use this in my
Final Project.

Yvonne de Mulder (From Holland)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
yvonnedemulder

You are really great
It works!
I thought it would be very difficult, but this is so easy!!
Thank you very much!!!!!

Yvonne
(Holland)

"CyberTaz" wrote:

[...]

"yvonnedemulder" wrote:

Can you tell me how to do this?

"yvonnedemulder" wrote:

Ive got an Excel document with many tables in 30 different sheets.
I want to make an Word document, in which I want to insert the excel tables
between the text.
The data in Excel is made up out of column headers and row headers with list
of marks under it.
Ive got to change the marks in Excel a lot of times, but I dont want to
change the Word document all the time.
So the tables in the Word document have to change with the changes I make in
the Excel document.

I know this is possible, but no one I know seems to know how to do this.
I would really be grateful with an answer, because I want to use this in my
Final Project.

Yvonne de Mulder (From Holland)

Excel data into Word table Melinda Mailmerge 1 October 13th 05 04:47 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Specific Email Merge w/ Specific Attachements Mark B Mailmerge 9 February 21st 05 06:10 AM